Thursday, October 04, 2007

Wedding Invitation



Two days ago I got a wedding invitation from a friend of mine who's getting married next Sat and I thought it'd be great for me to show you this. When I saw this invitation in the first place, I couldn't help but smile with this typical picture of mandarin ducks which are known as a symbol of conjugal harmony. (Recently, I read from a book, however, the male mandarin duck is not actually loyal to its partner and I don't know why they are picked up for that symbol.) This picture of birds has a nice meaning but it's a kind of old fashion and immediately my friend said it was not them but the bride's dad who chose this design and it made her so embarrassed.:) Regardless of the picture on the wedding invitation, I bet they will look fantastic on their wedding day. As they will have the Korean traditional wedding, I'm really looking forward to it.

4 comments:

MJ said...

Hi Sunkyoung, do post up pictures of the wedding ya.. the couple will be dressed in the traditional 'han bok'? (Is that what you call it?)
Always tot korean girls in their traditional costumes look cute and pretty.

Blue Wave 707 said...

I hope you get some photos of your friend's wedding.

Very intricate invitation.

Dalicia said...

congratulations to your friend!

Neva said...

Is it common to get a wedding invitation just a week before the wedding? Here in America....the invitations come at least 4 to 6 weeks in advance. just curious! Can't wait to see some pictures....