Saturday, August 11, 2007

Hammering Man



Heungguk Life Insurance Bldg is one of my favourite spots in Seoul. I mostly go directly to the cinematheque in basement and this place is such refreshment to me when I have got a desire to escape even for a short while.

This big art figure is "Hammering Man," with 23 metres height and 7 tons in weight, by Jonathan Borofsky, American sculptor. This man is also standing in Dallas, Seattle and Frankfurt. I know I should have had a more exposure time but I had to run not to miss the beginning of the film, "Inland Empire" by David Lynch.

8 comments:

Kat said...

I love this statue - especially when it was wearing a Santa hat until April this year!

I hope you enjoyed the movie!

Blue Wave 707 said...

Actually the lighting makes the statue look eerie.

travelphilippines said...

love the effect. and sky was just soo nice.

Youngsin said...

it looks like a serial killer. maybe i watched too many horror movies...(앗, 오타 발견~ 조각가 철자 틀렸네요~ ^^)

Fabrizio Zanelli said...

I always love how you compose your photos. This is another one where contrast (and dark) gives an interesting atmosphere to the photo !

Sunkyoung said...

Kathryn - It's so nice to read your comment. I guess you probably took the photo of you and your boyfriend from Boryeong Mud Festival.

I didn't know this man was wearting a Santa hat. It must have been real fun to see. I'll look forward to seeing his another X-mas costume.

The film was, as I wrote on the previous post, too complicated to understand.

Blue Wave - Yes, this statue could look scary in some way. But I still like it.

TP - That day I couldn't count how many times of raining and sunshining there were. And this is why you see that shot of the sky.

Youngsin - Yes, I think you did.;) (이 작가의 홈페이지에서도 확인해본 결과 철자가 맞는데 어디가 틀린것인지요?)

Fabrizio - Thank you very much for your compliment!

Youngsin said...

아~ 조각가 이름의 철자가 아니라, 조각가라는 뜻의 단어 P 와 L 의 위치가 바뀌었다는...^^

Sunkyoung said...

하하하, 그랬군요. 지금 바로 고쳤답니다. 고마워요~!